Digital Marketing is evolving at a rapid speed due to new advances in technology and customer demand. Most companies are struggling to keep up, but at this point there are trends that you just can’t ignore regardless of how foreign they may be to you. Change can sometimes be scary, but your current marketing efforts that have been working well may take a turn for the worse.
Below are the latest trends for 2018 that you should consider soon…
- Artificial Intelligence. Yes, that’s right – robots are already replacing Digital Marketers. Why? First off, AI is working 24/7..without burning out. It analyses data deeply, makes bids and adjustments in real time, and provides you with exceptional insight on your consumer and their patterns. From Frank to Albert, these AI vendors require little management and can help you save and grow your business.
- Chatbots. Basically a virtual assistant, chatbots can provide immediate answers for your customers. Long are the days of patience thanks to technology. People want answers to their questions as quickly as possible so there’s no surprise that Chatbots are a favoured choice to offer superb customer service…all day and night.
- Videos. More and more decisions are being made online and with so many choices, you have to give more information than your competitors hence why videos are lending themselves well in the content space. These stats on video marketing from Forbes is quite incredible….
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- Social Media Stories. It all started with an app called Snapchat – you quickly tell the world what you are up to and it will vanish shortly after, never to be seen again. Now all major platforms like Facebook and Instagram have jumped on the bandwagon. And of course businesses have started using stories to promote their brand. As so many of us have short attention spans, knowing that that story snap will disappear we will it our full attention in those seconds. And for that reason, stories are proving successful for brand awareness.
So…are you ready to up your digital marketing game?